Friday, December 14, 2012

24 Books of Christmas

I have seen a few blog posts with this idea to do a 24 books of Christmas instead of an advent calendar. I fell in love with the idea because I've got a budding reader on my hands. My son Nathan is in first grade and has always loved to read. Now he can do a lot of the reading and practice makes perfect!

I knew I could not afford to buy 24 new books so when the Denver Porch sale event came up I knew I had a mission. Find used books!!! I had no problem finding early reader books as I went from house to house. And when the morning was complete, I had 21 books for $8!!! I was so pleased. I picked up a few new books to complete the pile.

Every night Nathan loves to pick out a new present. It took a few days until he figured out that they were all books :)




No comments:

Post a Comment